Hip Hop Public Health and the Partnership for a Healthier America, whose honorary chair is former First Lady Michelle Obama came together to create the Songs for a Healthier America album and its accompanying live-action and animated music videos as part of the First Lady’s Let’s Move! campaign to encourage children and their families to eat healthy and stay active.
The 19-song album was developed by a multidisciplinary team of musicians, physicians, public health researchers, entertainment industry professionals, health advocates and school-aged children. Featuring artists like Ashanti, Ariana Grande, Doug E. Fresh, Darryl DMC McDaniels, Jordin Sparks, Blink-182’s Travis Barker and Iman Shumpert and many others, Songs for a Healthier America is a multi-genre musical compilation album touches on a variety of themes like fitness, mental health and healthy eating.
The full tracklist is listed below:
- “Everybody” feat. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr. Oz and the Hip Hop Doc
- “U R What You Eat” feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
- “Let’s Move” feat. Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD
- “Just Believe” feat. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins
- “Veggie Luv” feat. Monifah and J Rome
- “Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds)” feat. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins
- “Stronger” feat. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren
- “Give Myself a Try” feat. Ryan Beatty
- “Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version” feat. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could
- “Hip Hop LEAN” feat. Artie Green
- “Pass the Rock” feat. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green
- “Good Living” feat. Ashton Jones
- “Beautiful” feat. Daisy Grant and Artie Green
- “Change the Game” feat. The Happiness Club and Naledge
- “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” feat. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub
- “Mother May I?” feat. Amelia Robinson
- “We Like Vegetables” feat. Los Barkers!
- “Get Up Sit Up” feat. Ian James and Ricky Baitz
- “One Step Forward” feat. Samite